Re: Various size of (Project) ideas for NetBSD and pkgsrc

On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 2:52 PM, Ryo ONODERA <> wrote:
From: matthew sporleder <>, Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 14:03:29 -0400

> On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 1:58 PM, Ryo ONODERA <> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> From: matthew sporleder <>, Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013
>> 13:41:55 -0400
>> >
>> > I have noted some places where you might find similar projects.
>> >
>> > Also you should not feel intimidated to add these yourself to the wiki.
>> > It's very easy to fix spellings, etc, as needed.
>> > It's more difficult to express your ideas beyond how you state them.  :)
>> >
>> > The project template is very easy to use!
>> Thanks for your links.
>> I feel that some ideas may not be relevant to
>> .
>> How do you think threshold of adding ideas to projects wiki page?
>> Thank you.
>> --
>> Ryo ONODERA //
>> PGP fingerprint = 82A2 DC91 76E0 A10A 8ABB  FD1B F404 27FA C7D1 15F3
> As I read it, projects are enhancements and new ideas.  Fixes, on the other
> hand, are fixes.  :)
> In your case the broken MIPS stuff seems out of scope for the projects page
> even though it is likely a large "project" in the sense that it requires a
> lot of work.
> I'm not the gatekeeper, but that's how I see the current projects page.

Thank you.

Important fixes should be written somewhere, and should be managed.
I feel MIPS problem should be fixed with management.
GNATS bug tracker is not functional in this case, I feel.

But projects page is not the place for this kind of issue, I understand.

PGP fingerprint = 82A2 DC91 76E0 A10A 8ABB  FD1B F404 27FA C7D1 15F3

In this case, the wiki *can* be a decent project management tool, just to coordinate stuff.

There are some examples of this already under people's user/ dirs

other examples seem to be just in the top namespace:  (you might find this one interesting)

or feel free to make a new directory (hacks/ sounds about right :) ) and give it a shot!
  - a list of PR's, key players, status tracking, maybe we can find/write plugins

an alternative would be to setup a chili/redmine server, but it would be nice to have these things integrated.