Re: Various size of (Project) ideas for NetBSD and pkgsrc

Hi,

From: Matthias Scheler <tron%zhadum.org.uk@localhost>, Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013
23:04:02 +0100

> On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 10:09:53AM +0900, Ryo ONODERA wrote:
>> (5) Add XFS support to NetBSD
>> I have heard Red Hat Enterprise Linux will use XFS as standard filesystem.
>
> I very doubt that. Based on the experience in my previous job XFS doesn't
> work particular well. It has bug which lock up your system (and Red Hat
> took a look time to integrate the fixes into the RHEL 6 kernel) and it
> doesn't perform very well under certain work loads.

Hmm...
I do not know accuracy of the new.
I understand that XFS is not works properly in a certain case.

>> Accessing Linux's filesystem is useful and important feature.
>
> The long hanging fruit would be to improve NetBSD's ext2 support to
> include ext3 support. The next target should probably be ext4 because
> that is the bread and butter file-system at the moment.

Ext3 entry is already exists.
http://wiki.netbsd.org/projects/project/ext3fs/

Ext4 should be listed too.
I will try to write it.

>> (9) Add Microsoft's Hyper-V support to NetBSD
>> There is two types of Hyper-V, Windows Server 2012's Hyper-V
>> and Windows Server 2012R2's Hyper-V.
>
> NetBSD should just work under HyperV. But having para-virtualised
> drivers would help performance.

Sure. "Add Microsoft's Hyper-V para-veirtualization support to
NetBSD" is preferable title.

>> (21) Enable Firefox's WebRTC support
>> Something is wrong and I cannot enable Firefox's WebRTC support.
>> Problem is in SCTP (what is it?) code and libxul.so linking.
>
> SCTP is a layer 4 network protocol like TCP or UDP.

I have noticed some developers are interested in SCTP.
SCTP entry is not needed to be listed, I feel.

Thank you.

--
Ryo ONODERA // ryo_on%yk.rim.or.jp@localhost
PGP fingerprint = 82A2 DC91 76E0 A10A 8ABB  FD1B F404 27FA C7D1 15F3