Re: boot disk has two MBR partitions

On Sun, 24 Feb 2013, Martin wrote:

Hey,
My reply probably won't be as useful as the above, but i suggest you look
up *BSD partitioning guide in google or a search engine or something along
those lines. Even the other BSD handbooks have some useful information. It
might help with your understanding of how it works and what for example
ad4s1 stands for etc..

Regards,
Martin

Thanks Eric, Hans and Martin.

In the context of BSD, RTFM has a new meaning,
(R)ead (T)he (F)our (M)anuals.

With some more exploration, while insisting to use the MBR partitions on NetBSD, the way i use them on my Gentoo Linux box, i could finally solve the issue.

Here is the detailed blog post
http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_875a3cff0101ivlx.html

thanks
Saifi.