Re: Tying to get old software to build - fsviewer-app-0.2.6

yancm%SDF.ORG@localhost writes:

> Problem 1: The executable knows the right version of all the shared
> libraries (I inspected and see them via strings), but looks
> in /usr/local/lib rather than /usr/pkg/lib. I cannot figure out
> how/where I should put a flag to make it look in the right place.

LDFLAGS should have -R/usr/pkg/lib, or the more fancy -Wl,-R.  An example:

  $ pkg-config --libs glib-2.0
  -Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib -L/usr/pkg/lib -lglib-2.0 -lintl

> * - Second, I looked at the "The pkgsrc developer's guide" and the
> ELF FAQ, and ran through the example to try to create a package for
> this app, I put this in my pkgsrc/wip/fsviewer-app-0.2.6.
>
> Problem 2: url2pkg worked fine, but when I try to make, the compiler
> cannot find any of the libraries in /usr/pkg/lib (kinda the opposite
> problem to my first attempt). I suspect there is a directive I should
> put in either the package Makefile or in one of the files in the
> package inside of work, but again, I'm stuck and could use some
> suggestions.

Probably you are missing includes of buildlink3 files for the
dependencies; otherwise they are hidden from the build.  Most packages
should have examples.

If you put your work in the wip repo, it's easier for others to
comment/help.