Re: NPF does not recognize npflog0

   pass final on $ext_if family inet proto icmp icmp-type echo all
ping is still not working.

I never have problems with inet4, here is my icmp data:

pass stateful out family inet proto icmp from $if_ext
pass stateful in family inet proto icmp icmp-type 8 to $if_ext
pass stateful in family inet proto icmp icmp-type 3 to $if_ext

I also am having problems with inet6 ping.  After a couple of hours
or a day- it will be working again.  Or if I go to the NetBSD
console; it is good to have a kvm switch, and ping the FreeBSD
workstation- then inet6 immediately is up again.  Note that when
inet6 ping is not working then secure shell login is also impossible
to NetBSD over inet6.

A simplified npf.conf seems to fix nothing.  I plan to return to
the more complex npf.conf, since the behavior was no different.

I have inet6 problems even with a very simple config:

pass stateful out family inet6 from $if_ext pass stateful in \
        family inet6 to $if_ext

Darrel