Re: NPF does not recognize npflog0

I am trying NPF on 6.0_STABLE (i386). It seems not recognize npflog0.

# echo 'npf=YES' >> /etc/rc.conf
# cd /dev
# ./MAKEDEV npf
# /etc/rc.d/npf reload
Reloading NPF ruleset.
/etc/npf.conf:9:1: unknown interface 'npflog0' near '}'

A file in /etc should fix it, you can name the file ifconfig.npflog0 and the file will have one word:

create

related /etc/npf.conf

procedure "log" {
   log: npflog0
}

I also found that without explicit MAKEDEV, NPF would not find the device.
If I remember correctly, PF does not require such MAKEDEV.

Right.  First, try just adding the ifconfig.npflog0 file.  :)

And lkm disappears from 6.0; I believe that it will automatically load kmod
from /stand/i386/6.0/modules/.

I am not sure what you mean by lkm disappears, perhaps someone else will. This I can show you from my /var/run/rc.log :

Configuring network interfaces: bce0 npflog0.
and
Enabling NPF.
eval: /usr/sbin/npfctl: not found
eval: /usr/sbin/npfctl: not found

Every time I must load NPF manually. Probably should send this to Mindaugas if we do not find a response on the list.

Do you have "npfctl not found" in /var/run/rc.log, Pongthep?

Darrel