Re: Compiling 6.0_RC1 fails

* Darrel (levitch%iglou.com@localhost) wrote:
> Being that far along, the kernel build might be successful as well.  You
> should not need to use the -r flag every time, but I would try it first
> upon seeing a build failure.
All done, thanks a lot.
I have just updated my source this afternoon.
Then I rebuilt everything again.
I found that I am currently on 6.0_RC2 not RC1.
No announcement of this new RC. (I am also in netbsd-announce.)

At the first glance, everything is fine.
Previously I was guessing that pf would not work.
(Somebody reported it before, if I remember correctly.)
But pf works fine as expected.
I shall carry on the test.
If I have any issues, I shall report them here.
If you all don't mind. :-)

One question,
After update the major branch,
I should rebuild all pkgsrc, which are currently installed on the system.
FreeBSD has portmanager/portmaster doing this.
Is there portmanager/portmaster equivalence in NetBSD?

Thanks,

--
Pongthep Kulkrisada

"UNIX is basically a simple operating system,
but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity."
-- Dennis M. Ritchie