Re: Compiling 6.0_RC1 fails

On Wed, 19 Sep 2012, Pongthep Kulkrisada wrote:

> One question,
> After update the major branch,
> I should rebuild all pkgsrc, which are currently installed on the system.
> FreeBSD has portmanager/portmaster doing this.
> Is there portmanager/portmaster equivalence in NetBSD?

Some methods for upgrading using pkgsrc builds are documented at
http://wiki.netbsd.org/tutorials/pkgsrc/pkg_comp_pkg_chk/
and
http://wiki.netbsd.org/pkgsrc/how_to_upgrade_packages/

You may also choose to use binary packages (if available for your
platform) and use pkgin (or nih).

(Will someone update that last wikipage with quick notes on getting
started with pkgin and nih?)