Re: ports

On 8/31/12 11:55 AM, Martin S. Weber wrote:
On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 11:44:52AM -0400, Izaac wrote:
On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 05:27:12PM -0400, kalin wrote:
[..snipsnap..]
anyway...  just saying.

Just saying what, exactly?

Probably that manually including PHP_VERSION_DEFAULT=54 after explicitly
going to $PKGSRCDIR/lang/php54 and typing 'make install and get me some coffee'
is not intuitive, it could, and maybe should, be done automatically. At least
that's what I'm taking away from this tale.

more or less. except the coffee. not a huge fan. in freebsd the "packages" that correspond to either version on php are named accordingly. different patch sets and stuff. like php54-curl. if they are pretty much the same for all versions then they don't specify the php version like php-mcrypt.

so if i go to php54 and make install; getme -L beer i'd like to think that when (and actually if) the thing gets build i'd have a decent php 5.4 build that i can start adding modules from the same pkgsrc. not the case.

otherwise i'll just build manually all the libraries i need and recompile php. old school...

Regards,
-Martin