Re: NetBSD on MacBook 4.1

In article
<CAGN_6pYkzd=Ls7hHbhA5CXAaOk6oxWDSDkgNVB8Po2MLJ_yFXw%mail.gmail.com@localhost>,
David Brownlee  <abs%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

>OK, so its quite possible that none of the BSDs currently support your
>BCM4306 rev3 wireless chipset.
>
>I don't know how difficult it would be to support - certainly someone
>could look at the Linux driver and compare how it drives a BCM4306
>rev3 compared to earlier chipsets. It *might* be easy or it night be a
>nightmare.
>
>In the shorter term one option could be a USB mini wifi dongle - (the
>ones that stick out about 5mm from the machine). They tend to start
>from around $5 on eBay but again I don't know which chipsets would be
>supported.
>
>Actually at that price I've just ordered one myself to have a play...

mine is:
vendor 0x14e4 product 0x4353 (miscellaneous network, revision 0x01) at pci7 dev
0 function 0 not configured

which requires a separate driver and it is not supported by any of the
BSDs. It seems that 4307 is supported by:

if_bwi_pci.c:   case PCI_PRODUCT_BROADCOM_BCM4307:
pcidevs:product BROADCOM BCM4307        0x4307  BCM4307

so 4306 might be too if you add the ID in the appropriate files.

christos