Re: NetBSD on MacBook 4.1

>> Jeff Rizzo suggsted the EW-7811UN. I've just bought one from eBay and
>> it works well for me (using it to send this
>> email now). The firmware files have to be installed manually, so the
>> manpage probably needs updating, but very happy for GBP 8.95 delivered
>> :)
>
> Thanks for this!  The onboard wifi in my Thinkpad X60s has been getting
> flaky for months now, and one of these little things seems like the
> best workaround.  I've been putting it off to avoid the tedium of
> tracking down one that I can expect to work with minimal effort in both
> Linux and NetBSD, but the EW-7811UN looks like a good candidate.
>
> For the benefit of other subscribers / future archive readers: someone
> kindly emailed me off-list and stated that the WA-U150B also works
> using drivers in -current as long as you provide firmware.

I'm the kind person. I meant to reply to the list originally. Anyway, both
cards use the urtwn driver which was is current a few months ago. This
driver requires that the firmware be downloaded and placed in a specific
place. To make it easy for people, I've repackaged the firmware and put it
here:

http://www.bigjar.com/hpcarm/urtwn-firmware-1.1p0-netbsd.tar.gz

And this command will get the files unpacked and placed in the appropriate
directory:

tar -C / -xzvpf urtwn-firmware-1.1p0-netbsd.tar.gz

Jason M.