Re: NetBSD on MacBook 4.1

On 9 August 2012 10:42, סטֵפָן פָּבִיקֵבִיק
<theanapplegeek%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> Actually I can't really boot FreeBSD nor DragonflyBSD, because they give me
> panic on ACPI, and even with disabled ACPI, DragonflyBSD doesn't boot,
> FreeBSD 64 bit will boot from time to time, but when I had PC-BSD (32 bit)
> there was some partial success in booting, but Wi-Fi never worked. I even
> upgraded to 9.1 BETA, but didn't work.
>
> I will also try OpenBSD these days, if I get my drive to read the OpenBSD
> CD, because it doesn't want to read CDs. Only DVDs. I have NetBSD on DVD,
> and that's how I installed it.

OK, so its quite possible that none of the BSDs currently support your
BCM4306 rev3 wireless chipset.

I don't know how difficult it would be to support - certainly someone
could look at the Linux driver and compare how it drives a BCM4306
rev3 compared to earlier chipsets. It *might* be easy or it night be a
nightmare.

In the shorter term one option could be a USB mini wifi dongle - (the
ones that stick out about 5mm from the machine). They tend to start
from around $5 on eBay but again I don't know which chipsets would be
supported.

Actually at that price I've just ordered one myself to have a play...