Re: sysinst and gpt

> > This would be both amd64 and i386, and both 5.1_STABLE and HEAD.

> > I would build NetBSD source code not including X, then build X from
> > pkgsrc.

> > Even if this fails to build or builds a nonbootable system, it might
> > serve as a dress rehearsal and feasibility study for cross-building a
> > Linux installation.

> Well, that all sounds like a lot of work. I have a few other ideas as
> well. One would be to try what you did and just install from a NetBSD
> CD manually. I found some notes on that at
> http://pbraun.nethence.com/doc/sysutils_bsd/netbsd_without_sysinst.html .
> I don't know if I can get everything to work that way but if it works
> it is probably less work than the way you suggest.

> > On a GPT-partitioned drive, you might need grub2 as opposed to legacy
> > grub 0.97.

> Yes. I have grub2 in place already. That part should be alright.

> Cheers,
> Christian

I feel I need to build NetBSD from source because the binary distribution
doesn't work.

Also there are some things wrong with the included X, one being ability to copy
and paste only a small amount of lines at one time.

Another thing is inability to go into X with the generic kernel.

Of course, getting a working NetBSD by building from source is a doubtful
proposition.

Tom