Re: sysinst and gpt

On 15 Jan 2012 at 5:28, Thomas Mueller wrote:

> > > This would be both amd64 and i386, and both 5.1_STABLE and HEAD.
>
> > > I would build NetBSD source code not including X, then build X from
> > > pkgsrc.

It helps if you have a fast pc. My first build was for
NetBSD-1.5x on a 486 and I think that took over a day?

Build of NetBSD-5 on a p4-2400 couple of years back:
./build.sh -x -r -U -u release
build.sh started: Tue Mar 23 01:19:20 GMT 2010
build.sh ended:   Tue Mar 23 07:19:53 GMT 2010

I usually create a cd image and burn a cd.

I've used a cd boot to modify a system and you should
be able to install from cd without using sysinst.

If you are updating an existing system you don't need
a cd, although I would burn one just in case.

David