Re: Need printer recommendation

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 10:21:09AM -0600, Eric Schnoebelen wrote:

> herbert langhans writes:
> - A short question - what laser printer do you use with NetBSD? I would be
> - very happy with a Cups-free solution. Maybe a network printer what
> - connects by TCP/IP?
>
> I've been very happy with my ethernet connected postscript
> capable Brother printers.
>
> The inexpensive black and white printer is a HL-5250DN, while the
> more expensive color multi-function laser is a MFC-9840CDW.  Both
> duplex as well (something I considered a key feature.)
>
> --
> Eric Schnoebelen              eric%cirr.com@localhost
> http://www.cirr.com
>    "We're the technical experts. We were hired so that management could
>         ignore our recommendations and tell us how to do our jobs."
>          -- Mike Andrews in <eUJE5.880$ln6.119642%news.flash.net@localhost>

Hi Eric,
the HL-5250DN is Postscript as well? I cannot find any reference to this
model. Is this the one with the black/white case?

The Xerox what Marc mentioned is quite a nice one too, but I cant get a
used one here and the new models are pricey.

I think Postscript printers are not that common recently. There were
more around in the past, though more expensive..

Thanks
herb langhans