Re: Need printer recommendation

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 04:06:09PM +0100, herbert langhans wrote:
> A short question - what laser printer do you use with NetBSD? I would be
> very happy with a Cups-free solution. Maybe a network printer what
> connects by TCP/IP?

I'm using an HP Colour LaserJet CP1515N. It understands Postscript and
NetBSD can talk directly to it over TCP/IP:

# HP Colour Laserjet CP1515n

The printer filter is probably not necessary except for extra comfort
(e.g. print images). It is provided by the "magicfilter" package
in "pkgsrc". No CUPS required.

        Kind regrds

Matthias Scheler