Re: Authenticated Email (TLS?)

... Here is the full "dovecot.conf" that I'm using:

        auth_mechanisms = cram-md5 digest-md5 plain login
        listen = *, [::]
        #mail_debug = yes
        mail_location = mbox:~/Mail:INBOX=/var/mail/%u
        passdb {
          args = /etc/pkg/dovecot/passwd
          driver = passwd-file
        }
        pop3_uidl_format = %08Xv%08Xu
        protocols = imap pop3
        service auth {
            group = postfix
            mode = 0660
            user = postfix
          }
        }
        ssl = yes
        ssl_cert = </etc/openssl/certs/dovecot.pem
        ssl_key = </etc/openssl/private/dovecot.pem
        userdb {
          driver = passwd
        }

This is good enough to get SMTP auth, POP3(S) and IMAP(S) working.
I use a separate password file which is necessary for challenge
response authentication method like CRAM-MD5. It also has the
advantage that I can have accounts with a valid shell (for pipe
mailer usage) which still cannot login via SSH as the account
is locked in "master.passwd".

Thanks for posting this.

Since I've already got imap-uw running (required for pine), I guess I will see about how much of the above config is needed just for SASL and TLS.

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |