Re: How to include items for build with build.sh?

On 11/6/11 2:54 PM, Louis Guillaume wrote:
> On 11/5/11 9:40 PM, Julio Merino wrote:
>> On 11/5/11 5:12 PM, Louis Guillaume wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to get resize_ffs in to my regularly scheduled builds. It's
>>> there in /usr/src/sbin/resize_ffs, but it is not included in builds.
>>>
>>> How do we tell build.sh to build and include this in one of the sets?
>>
>> What release is this on?  If it's current, it should be getting
>> installed like any other program.
>>

> This is on the netbsd-5 branch. But the question is more about general
> usage too. How *would* one include such an item in the tree for
> inclusion in a release set?

As far as I know, you cannot do this through build.sh unless such
"optional" component provides an MK* variable.  If the src/sbin/Makefile
provided a, say, MKRESIZEFFS variable to control whether resize_ffs gets
built or not, you'd then pass "-V MKRESIZEFFS=yes" to build.sh to enable it.

Note that this requires some weird hacks in the file sets lists
generation to work properly; just making the build conditional is not
enough.

--
Julio Merino / @jmmv