Re: Authenticated Email (TLS?)

On Sun, Nov 06, 2011 at 12:17:04PM -0800, Paul Goyette wrote:
> Since I've already got imap-uw running (required for pine),

I would *reall* recommend to get rid of "imap-uw". It is no longer
maintained and Dovecot is *much* *much* faster. There is even an
wiki page with migration instructions:

        http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Migration/UW

You will see that my config is also based on a migration from "imap-uw".

And yes, "pine" works just fine with Dovecot because nobody complained
to me that it doesn't so far. :-)

> I guess I will see about how much of the above config is needed just for
> SASL and TLS.

Setting "protocols" to an empty string should do the trick. I used such
a setup with Dovecot 1.2 for a day until I tried to migrate to Dovecot's
IMAP and POP3 server which took less than an hour.

        Kind regards