Re: USB 3.0 (Re: NetBSD 6.0)

On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 08:28:12 +0000 (GMT), Thomas Mueller wrote:
I am also concerned, on the new computer, that NetBSD, with its
different way of accessing partitions, /dev/dk*, might run amok and
damage my FreeBSD and future Linux installations.

On what ground? wedges are pure kernel memory entities, constructed at run time via GPT, disklabel, MBR.

If wedges break up file systems, they are not really at fault -- labels or MBR are.

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost