USB 3.0 (Re: NetBSD 6.0)

from my last post,

I can't even access the USB 3.0 hard drive under NetBSD as USB < 3.0.

On the old computer, I could access the USB 3.0 hard drive but presumably would
get USB 1.1 speed.

On the new computer, I can access the USB 3.0 drive only on a USB 3.0 port, in
FreeBSD or Linux but not NetBSD.

USB 3.0 hard drive and regular SATA hard drive are each 3 TB and, as I found,
not accessible for OpenIndiana.

I downloaded the USB stick image for OpenIndiana and dd'ed to a USB stick: was
able to run its Firefox, but couldn't install anywhere.

I installed NetBSD-HEAD on the new computer hard drive but was never able to
boot that installation.

I installed netbsd-5 (NetBSD 5.1_STABLE) amd64 on a 16 GB USB stick, was able
to boot but never to go into X; result was immediate reboot.

Several months ago, I reported on a screenblanking problem with the old
computer with NetBSD beginning at about v5.0.2 and also HEAD: problems that
would cause the great majority of computer users to give up on NetBSD.

I am also concerned, on the new computer, that NetBSD, with its different way
of accessing partitions, /dev/dk*, might run amok and damage my FreeBSD and
future Linux installations.

Tom