Re: server crashing

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 12:41 PM, Al Zick <al%familysafeinternet.com@localhost>
wrote:
> The only thing that is in /var/crash is one file: minfree
> and it has a number in it 1024.
> Is this information useful?

No. I believe you need to do some configuration in order to get the
panic to get written to the swap device, then upon reboot it gets
copied to a file in /var/crash for debugging later on. I don't know
how to configure this off hand and I can't look it up right now. I
hope someone else can help. You probably need at least as much swap as
memory for this to work though.

It's not unheard of for NetBSD to panic, but most of the causes I've
run into are hardware related.

Andy