Re: man pages not shown

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 12:32 AM, Matthias Scheler
<> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 01, 2011 at 05:00:41PM +0200, feralert wrote:
> > Im running NetBSD 5.1, I did an clean install and the man command works just
> > fine with the default NetBSD, included commands. It only fails with the
> > error message posted when i try to see the manual pages of the commands
> > installed by me with pkg_add (such as gawk).
> The manual pages shipped with NetBDSD are provided as both unformatted and
> formatted files. The later file format doesn't require processing with
> "nroff" to look at them.
> > Following your advice I tried installing 'text' but there was no such a
> > package in the ftp (or maybe i did something wrong).
> It is available here:
> Just replace "<ARCH>" with the output of "uname -p".

I was wrong then, because I was looking in (arent they supposed
to be the same?).

Also, I got ''
configured so I can use pkg_add from the console (this is from the
'The pkgsrc user's guide'
4.1.2. Installing binary packages), and didnt find it the neither.

I still have to go through all the documentation, so maybe this is
just me mixing up things.