Re: MPPE / PPTP Problem

On Wed, 2 Mar 2011, Ian D. Leroux wrote:

but then your client concluded that the negotiation had failed when agreement is clearly possible.

I don't know much about this either, but I've been playing around with options to pppd a bit lately. This bit in the man page stood out to me:

 require-mppe
    Require the use of MPPE (Microsoft Point to Point Encryption).
    This option is presently only supported under Linux, and only
    if your kernel has been configured to include MPPE support.

On the other hand it doesn't make any sense to have a kernel module for MPPE if it can't work. So, is the man page wrong, or are you supposed to use a different "pppd"?

MAgnus