Re: system unresponsive on insertion of USB stick

On Wed, 2 Mar 2011, Marko Schütz Schmuck wrote:

I just inserted a usb stick and the system repeatably became
unresponsive.

If you switch to the console, do you get any messages beyond what you see in the log?

HD light was on/flickering, but keyboard/mouse interactions didn't work. Also sleep-button didn't have an effect. The relevant snippet from the log:

Do you have a USB mouse and keyboard in an external hub? I have had a couple of scares where the "system" locked up, and it turns out my cheap USB hub had stopped talking to the rest of the system. So make sure it's not all plugged in to the same hub, and see what happens.

Just trying to rule out the simple stuff.

MAgnus