Re: Can't compile NetBSD-5.1 STABLE amd64

I did some research, now that I have a point to hook on.

If it is like you said - then it just can be the compiler (-settings).

I was used to ArchLINUX and they recompiled the whole system from
scratch with the new 4.5 which has a lot performance and security
improvements. Also the compiler is setting now its own flags if you
use -march=native depending on the processor he recognizes.
The "old" compiler NetBSD is using ( 4.1.3 20080704) !!!!!! doesnt
handle this correctly and is a lot more strict.
I gave him after unsuccessfull build the "hint" that it is a nocona processor.
But the 4.1 doesnt even know the nocona directive.

I tried the CPUFLAGS Package and see conservative settings which make
sense then.

Now I am going to recompile with any mk.conf and let you now.

Thank you!

2011/1/21 Matthias Scheler <>:
> On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 07:22:28PM +0000, MTS Consult wrote:
>> CFLAGS= Â Â Â Â Â Â Â -Os -mfpmath=sse -msse3 -march=nocona -pipe
> Well, that's your problem. You are not supposed to fiddle around with
> It will cause problem for both "src" and "pkgsrc".
> If you desperately want to set CPU specific options use the "cpuflags"
> package please (in "pkgsrc/devel/cpuflags") which knows how to set
> the appropriate make variables.
> But I personally don't think that the minuscule performance gains
> are worth the trouble and would just go with the default.
>> MAKEOPTS= Â Â -j3
> I would recommend using the "-j <jobs>" option of "" instead.
>> PKG_DBDIR= Â Â Â Â Â Â/var/db/pkg
>> LOCALBASE= Â Â Â Â Â Â/usr/pkg
>> VARBASE= Â Â Â Â Â Â Â/var
>> PKG_TOOLS_BIN= Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â/usr/pkg/sbin
> You need to set any of those, they are the default.
> Â Â Â ÂKind regards
> --
> Matthias Scheler                 Â

Mit freundlichen GrÃÃen,
i.A. Markus Maiwald

Apple for Works - *NIX for Network - Windows for Solitaire

Security is the one concept, which makes things in your life stay as
they are. Otto Normal is a man, who is afraid of changes in his life;
so naturally he does not employ security.