Re: Can't compile NetBSD-5.1 STABLE amd64

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 07:22:28PM +0000, MTS Consult wrote:
> CFLAGS=               -Os -mfpmath=sse -msse3 -march=nocona -pipe

Well, that's your problem. You are not supposed to fiddle around with "CFLAGS".
It will cause problem for both "src" and "pkgsrc".

If you desperately want to set CPU specific options use the "cpuflags"
package please (in "pkgsrc/devel/cpuflags") which knows how to set
the appropriate make variables.

But I personally don't think that the minuscule performance gains
are worth the trouble and would just go with the default.

> MAKEOPTS=     -j3

I would recommend using the "-j <jobs>" option of "build.sh" instead.

> PKG_DBDIR=            /var/db/pkg
> LOCALBASE=            /usr/pkg
> VARBASE=              /var
> PKG_TOOLS_BIN=                /usr/pkg/sbin
> PKGMANDIR=            man

You need to set any of those, they are the default.

        Kind regards