Re: Samba Performance problem

Well this might sound a bit dumb, but...

Here is the whole setup.

I have a G wireless network with 2 users.
I have a P4 with 1GB of RAM running as the core server and I also use it to "play/experiment" with Xen.

Right now I have the Xen HV as samba server as well. Besides that is running a 128MB, 2GB disk space virtual that runs dhcp and dns internally.
This machine is wired to the Wireless switch at 100Mbps.

I've been monitoring the traffic with iftop to check the speed on the transfer and is below my worst expectations.
Right now I have a peak  of 673Kb while trying to watch a movie.

Previous setup with Centos gave me a throughput of 42Mb.

The Samba version that I'm running right now is 3.3.13 and here is my smb.conf

[global]
    workgroup=HOME
    netbios aliases = MEDIALAB
    security = user
    socket options = TCP_NODELAY  SO_SNDBUF=8192 SO_RCVBUF=8192
    use sendfile = true
    local master = yes
    os level = 33
    wins support = yes
[homes]
    comment = Home Directories
    browseable = no
    writable = yes
[musica]
         comment= Musica para alegrar la vida
         path = /media/external/Multimedia/Musica
         public = no
         writable = no
         write list = @wheel
         browsable = yes

[peliculas]
         comment= Algunas pelis para entretenerse
         path = /media/external/Multimedia/Peliculas
         public = no
         writable = no
         write list = @wheel
         browsable = yes