Samba Performance problem

Hello everyone,

I need a bit of advice, I have newly converted to NetBSD and I'm loving it but there are a few things that keep me on my toes.

I have had Linux (centos) for quite some time as the core os my home network, and I recently migrated to NetBSD 5.0.2, I set everything up and works great, all but SAMBA.
I have to say that is quite slow, sluggish actually.
I have setup (just in case).
socket options = TCP_NODELAY
SO_SNDBUF and SO_SNDBUF to 8192
and even tried with read and wire raw, but it still crawls.

Can anyone give me some pointers?

Thanks.