RAIDFRAME shrink

Hello,
Is it possible to shrink RAID1 devices?
I have a mirrored RAIDFRAME device of about 70GB, composed of two
partitions wd0a and wd1a, both of 70GB size.
The device has just 10GB of data and I would like to shrink it to
30GB.
I understand if a RAIDFRAME device has components of unequal
size, the smallest size will be chosen. So I naively tried
failing wd1a, resizing the partition to 30GB, newfs'ing (to
remove the component label), and then adding wd1a back to the
RAIDFRAME. But that didn't work.
Any other suggestions?
Thanks,
Rakhesh
p.s. I subscribed to this list, but haven't got a confirmation
mail yet. So I would appreciate if I was cc'ed in any replies.