Re: Is NetBSD the right OS for me?

fctk wrote:
> I dislike the Autotools, and I heard that in
> NetBSD packages are installed with make only.

Not so, can't be so.  Pkgsrc has Makefile wrappers that run the package's
own native build scripts, giving the pkgsrc user a fairly consist way to
build and install packages.  If the package in question used the autotools
to create a configure script, pkgsrc runs that when you type "make".

NetBSD is a nice, stable, tractable, system.  It's reasonably well
documented and generally immune to fashion, quite a good thing if you want
your hard-earned knowledge to continue to be relevant over time.

--jkl