Re: postfix smtp + sasl

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 08:22:03PM +0000, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> Yes, I'm afraid you have to build Postfix from "pkgsrc" with the
> "sasl" option enabled.

Yes, but on the bright side, it integrates quite well to the base system.
The message during installation reveals the only thing requiring attention:

$NetBSD: MESSAGE.NetBSD,v 1.4 2009/09/08 13:06:01 martti Exp $

If you are running NetBSD 1.5 (or newer), the existing /etc/rc.d/postfix
can be forced to start ${PREFIX}/sbin/postfix instead of /usr/sbin/postfix,
by adding the following lines to /etc/rc.conf.d/postfix:

        start_cmd='${PREFIX}/sbin/postfix start'
        stop_cmd='${PREFIX}/sbin/postfix stop'
        reload_cmd='${PREFIX}/sbin/postfix reload'

Please note that /etc/rc.conf.d/postfix does not exist by default so
you need to create that file if you need to override the default settings.

I've been happy with such setup for quite some time now.

(I also symlink the configuration files from "/usr/pkg/etc/postfix" to
"/etc/postfix" in order to gain the normal location for configuration files
and to prevent pkgsrc from accidentally overwriting these during updates.)

- Jukka.