Re: Xorg and thinkpad x200s

On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 22:49:18 +0100
Pau <vim.unix%googlemail.com@localhost> wrote:

> I just installed net 5.0.1 on a thinkpad x200s.
>
> I cannot startx.
>
> When I try to, I get the log file Xorg.0.log
>
> When I create an xorg.conf file and I run X -config FILE, I get the
> log file Xorg.1.log
>
> Somehow there seems to be a problem with the driver. But I can startx
> both with openbsd (xenorama) and freebsd (xorg).
>
> Has anybody successfully started X on a thinkpad x200?

Typically the out of memory error means the kernel didn't attach an AGP
device. Intel driver needs AGP in order to steal host memory for the
framebuffer. Check that the PCI product id of the AGP bridge is among
the ones listed in src/sys/dev/pci/agp/agp_intel.c and if not add it.
(It is possible that this is fixed in -current but not in netbsd-5.)

-Tobias