Re: Netbook support - status update?

> For example, what is there about the EeePC 701 that makes it a
> "netbook" but, say, my Tadpole 3GX, or Eurocom 2700T, or IBM
>  WorkPad z50 not?  Size?  Weight?  Battery life?  Power
>  consumption? Designation as such by its maker?

Size and weight.  You usually find that the screen is between 7 inches
and 10 inches.  Like all things in this world you get what you pay
for.  You want a brick that breaks your back whilst carrying it
through an airport ?  Get a laptop.   If you travel a lot you want a
netbook.  I carried a full size laptop for two years.  Life is a lot
easier with a smaller netbook.  10" screen.  Does everything I want it
to do.  Another example...

http://lemote.kd85.com/

OpenBSD version.  Earlier versions of the netbook had limited
hardware.  You have to look for cut down versions of software for
them.  My 701 only had a 4Gb hard drive.  My 1005HA has 160Gb hard
drive.  2GB of RAM.  Can do everything a full size laptop can do.

--
Richard