Re: About wiki.netbsd.org

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 3:40 PM, Marc Balmer <marc%msys.ch@localhost> wrote:

> Looks to me like someone just wanted to have this wiki, working on an
> agenda, an ignoring what is already there.

Marc, I respect your need to hold an opinion and to express that
opinion. It's obviously a very strong need in your case, since you've
managed to hold and express a variety of differing opinions on this
topic alone. What you've said above isn't the most hurtful of them
(that one came by private mail some months ago), but it's certainly a
polarity change from the last. More to the point, it's false, as you
well know. If this criticism of yours were careful and true, that'd
far outweigh any potential hurt feelings. But it isn't, so the net
effect is that you seem like a jerk. I doubt that's how you mean to
come across. So I'd like to ask you -- speaking purely for myself, a
person with some emotion invested in the wiki along with time and
effort -- to balance your need to be seen having an opinion with the
facts of the wiki development process you've been privy to all along
and then, in turn, with the needs of the Project.

Everyone else: I'm happy there is interest in the state of NetBSD's
web sites in general and wiki.netbsd.org in particular. The latter,
while not hidden from view, needs more work before it'll be ready for
public consumption. That's why we haven't made any sort of public
announcement: it's not ready yet. Providing an easy way for
non-developers to contribute to the wiki has become a high priority.

wiki.n.o was not originally intended to be a replacement for
wiki.netbsd.se, but it's becoming clear that we can and should aim for
that target. Help, as always, is appreciated.

- Amitai