Re: [newbie] replacing applications in the Base set?

At 12:20 Uhr +0200 18.08.2009, Shadi Abou-Zahra wrote:
        Also, check your PATH.  It should contain /usr/pkg/{,s}bin
        before /usr/{,s}bin.

That is what I've done for now as a quick fix but I'm still
wondering whether there is a more elegant way to update the
applications.

Not without manual intervention, which will come back when you update the base system. The NetBSD base installation is not packetized (a feature in my book), so it's all or nothing.

HTH,
        hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-3281