problem with non-Latin characters in msdosfs filenames

Hi,

I have been trying unsuccessfully to read/copy quite a few files with
non-Latin (Persian) filenames from an external msdos partition under
NetBSD-5.99.7/amd64.  While ls does show these files (albeit with the
filenames rendered as sequences of question marks), using ls -l, cp,
etc. fails with "No such file or directory" errors.

It seems to me that this problem is related to PRs kern/36370 and
kern/16653.  But I think the workaround suggested in the former PR
deals with Cyrillic characters exclusively.  Does anyone know of a
workaround that can be used in my case?  Are there any plans to fix
this in 6.0?

Thanks,
Pouya D. Tafti