Re: state or future of LFS?

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 09:06:14PM +0000, Andrew Doran wrote:
 > Looking at the bigger picture, the NetBSD project would be better served by
 > euthanizing LFS

Hardly.

Are you planning to unilaterally remove it too?

 > and bringing in a similar technology with a known working
 > and maintained implementation, such as ZFS or HAMMER.

Neither ZFS nor Hammer is a log-structured file system. Or at least,
as far as I know ZFS isn't; Hammer's design seems to keep changing.

I think the important structural question going forward is whether we
should continue to pretend that it works to have lfs and ffs share the
ufs code.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost