Re: UPS Advice

Hi,

> I should elaborate; I have no idea if the APC UPS serial cables are magic
> anymore or can use a single straight through / null-modem cable, but the
> machines on the UPS are a few suns with RJ45 serial ports and I didn't
> have the right connectors to convert RJ45<->DB9 at the time and was out
> of USB serial fobs.

The cable is non-standard.  See, e.g.

  http://pinouts.ru/DevicesCables/apc_smart_cable_pinout.shtml

and make your own, or search for a APC 940-0024 cable 2nd hand.  I have a
Smart-UPS connected to a Sun V120, using a rewired DB9 to RJ45 adapter, so
they work perfectly with the Sun RJ45 serial ports.

Thanks,

  My other computer also runs NetBSD    /        Sailing at Newbiggin
        http://www.netbsd.org/        /   http://www.newbigginsailingclub.org/