Re: UPS Advice

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 10:57:11PM +0000, Andrew Ball wrote:
>     I'm looking for a UPS for a NetBSD host. [...]
>     This isn't rack mount and 700VA should about cover
> it.  Does anyone have UPS recommendations?

I'd say avoid the cheap Tripp-Lite UPS'es (I dunno anything about their
higher-end products); I've had troubles with the UPS'es rebooting due to
strange power events and the low-end USB ones seem to speak a protocol
nothing but their software understands.

I'll second the recommendation for APC; I think even their consumer-grade
stuff is decent.

--rafal

--
  Time is an illusion; lunchtime, doubly so.     |/\/\|           Rafal Boni
                   -- Ford Prefect               |\/\/|