[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: Text disappears in Firefox/Thunderbird
Tobias Nygren wrote:
1) Did you install meta-packages/modular-xorg-fonts?
2) Does "fc-cache -v" followed by "fc-list" list all the fonts properly?
3) Does disabling acceleration in the X server make any difference?
2) Seems to. I have the MS core fonts installed because I'm most
comfortable with them for web use. So while non-MS fonts have entries
Nimbus Mono L:style=Bold
MS fonts are polluted with style details that don't display properly:
That was copied from rxvt-unicode. xterm yields garbage too, just in
ASCII instead of unicode.
My current Firefox preferences indicate that I want to use the MS fonts.
Changing the font settings to all use Nimbus Mono L, I experience the
same result. So the fc-list listing is buggy, but not the source of my
3) I don't have DRI enabled. Is there some other setting I should check for?
Thanks for your help thus far
Main Index |
Thread Index |