setting up drives

Hi,

I would like to manually set up 3 drives for use on an i386 system, so
that I could have root on one drive, the second drive swap and var, the
3rd drive swap and usr.  It is much different than setting up on a Mac,
Cobalt, Amiga, or Sun. Is there documentation on how to do this? I googled
a bit, but I couldn't find anything that worked. Could someone give me a
quick how to on this with a PC? Right now, there is nothing on the drives,
because I ran if=/dev/zero of=/dev/wd0d bs=8k count=2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Al