Re: NFS Server not working without COMPAT_13

On Sat, 17 May 2008, Dirk Mast wrote:

I then enabled COMPAT_13 in the kernel config, recompiled and booted
the new kernel and now NFS works.

I'm just an innocent bystander who never managed to get NFS working, but I have to ask: Why specifically COMPAT_13? Even assuming you know exactly what you're doing, that just doesn't make sense.

(And why should that even work -- does a lower numbered COMPAT_ option automatically pull in the "intermediate" ones too?)

I know you could not possibly have upgraded from 1.3, but did you upgrade at all? If so, what happens if you use the COMPAT_nn that corresponds to the version you upgraded from? (COMPAT_30 or _20 or ...)

MAgnus