Re: Using Minicom with /dev/ttyU0

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 05:57:56PM +0100, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:

> I've had weird behaviour with USB-2-serial adapters even under Windows
> with one of our DNC programs.

I had problems on a laptop where Windows would disable the USB-2-serial
converter whenever it was connected to something (like a Cisco console
port). I believe that was an issue with that laptop though, the device
works fine on a desktop system.

> USB conversion later. The cabling to the device also could be an
> issue, adding loopbacks at the PC side could help (try 1+4+6 and 7+8
> on a DB9).

That would simply indicate flow-control issues.

--
                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost