NetBSD-Users archive

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]

Re: Fixed! (was: Re: Problems with uplcom/ucom)

Ulrich Habel <> wrote:

> I am able to communicate with the device with gpsd ...
> ...
> The position turns out to be correct so basic communication is working.
> Let's forget about uplcom/ucom problems at this point, the converter is
> working perfectly.

For the benefit of the list archives: I confirmed this morning that my
(earlier revision -- see below) Prolific chip is dropping occasional DLE
characters on NetBSD as well as OS/X.

I presume "it works on Windows" because the Windows driver doesn't
trigger the hardware defect somehow, or knows of it and has a

> Thanks for your help, everyone - this turned out to be a gpsbabel issue
> and I learned alot about serial communitcations in the world of USB
> adapters.

It would be interesting to know what gpsd is doing that gpsbabel isn't
in that case, but somewhat academic as you have a working solution. ;)



NetBSD 4.0_STABLE (AMETHYST) #1: Mon Jan 21 14:43:12 EST 2008
uplcom0 at uhub3 port 1
uplcom0: Prolific Technology Inc. USB-Serial Controller, rev 1.10/3.00, addr 2
ucom0 at uplcom0

Home | Main Index | Thread Index | Old Index