Re: Problems with uplcom/ucom

Ulrich Habel <rhaen%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:

> gpsbabel -i garmin -f /dev/ttyU0 -o gpx -F mygpxfile.gpx

I'm using /dev/dtyU0, which I think is correct.  (NetBSD-4.0/i386.)
               ^
If I try  /dev/ttyU0 then the open() call on the device blocks:

  $ ktrace gpsbabel -i garmin -f /dev/ttyU0 ...
  ^C
  $ kdump
    8346      1 gpsbabel CALL  open(0xbfbfec82,2,0x30)
    8346      1 gpsbabel NAMI  "/dev/ttyU0"
    8346      1 gpsbabel RET   open -1 errno 4 Interrupted system call
    8346      1 gpsbabel PSIG  SIGINT SIG_DFL

> > What if any output do you see?
>
> nothing - really nothing :(

I think that's because you're using the wrong device file.

The error I was seeing was from gpsbabel:

  GPS_Packet_Read: No DLE.  Data received, but probably not a garmin
  packet.

For that, I have a workaround or three, but your version of the
USB-serial converter may not need them.  If it does, drop me a line,
and I'll make the diffs available to you.

Cheers,

Giles