hostAPD configuration problem

Seems I've run into a little problem.

I'm running a Soekris NET5501 as an AP, with an Atheros WiFi card.

When the system boots, if I don't set it, the mtu setting on the WiFi
card comes up as 2290 bytes.

The network port vr0 has a mtu size of 1500.  I want to run this as a
bridge, so in my /etc/ifconfig.ath0 file, I have 'mtu 1500' added to the
command.

This works fine, until I want to start hostAPd.  Whenever hostapd
starts, the wireless network interface seems to be reset, and comes back
up with the default size of 2290.  All of a sudden, the bridge won't
work.  If I set the mtu size back to 1500, again things work fine.

Is there any way to set hostapd to NOT reset the network port, or to
set it up to the right parameters?

David Dudley

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1