Re: failed to create llentry

On 21/11/2018 19:51, coypu%sdf.org@localhost wrote:
-B -M -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -s seem like really good flags,
thanks.
(are they good enough to be a default? right now anyone using wifi has
to have wpa_supplicant_flags set, so we can't break their usage)

Yes and no.
We would need to ship a default wpa_supplicant.conf - probably enabling the default socket so wpa_cli(8) just works and commented out entries for connecting to any open ap and a specific ap with psk.

We might want to enable (but commented out maybe to start with) the ability instructions over the control socket to configure wpa_supplicant.conf as well.
This would be handy for applications like dhcpcd-{gtk,qt}

Then, the user just has to set wpa_supplicant=YES in rc.conf and voila, wireless network setup with X11 and a systray application becomes a lot easier for the end user to setup.

I can't unplug my card because it's PCI.

I'll try to investigate next time it happens

Another way of restarting things is to down/up the interface.

ifconfig urtwn down up

Does wonders - both wpa_supplicant and dhcpcd will react to this.
There should be no need to kill anything with prejudice.

Roy