Re: GPT/UEFI booting

Just a final follow up — copied the boot.cfg file over to the EFI partition (top level) and edited it to identify which disk wedge the NetBSD system can be found on and everything works.  It even boots up without bitching when the Secure Boot option in the firmware is enabled.  Didn’t do that intentionally, but for some reason it keeps finding ways of re-enabling itself.

So on this laptop with a -current version of NetBSD it is possible to set up the disk using GPT and get it to boot from UEFI not needing any MBR setup or Legacy BIOS support.  Great job well done to everyone who worked on all the bits and pieces to make this happen.

-bob