Re: Permission problems and questions on 7.99.1 and 7.0_BETA

On Wed, 20 Aug 2014, Thomas Mueller wrote:
I notice strange problems not being able to run things like mpop, msmtp, or even man as nonroot because of "Permission denied" on trying to create temporary file.

Has anybody else noticed it? Problem was not present on NetBSD 6.99.44 amd64 and i386.

Please don't just ask he same questions again without giving any more details. Last time you asked, a few days ago, you were requested to expain how you installed. You have not done so.

For the fourth time since December 2013, I am going to refer you to some web pages on how to ask good questions or make good bug reports. Please read and follow the advice in "How to ask questions the smart way" <http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html> and "How to report bugs effectively" <http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html>.

If you want people to help you, you need to provide useful information, such as what you did (not just "I installed NetBSD", but how you installed it, what commands you used), what happened (not just "permission problems" but the actual error messages, word for word), and any other useful information (e.g. the output from ls -ld /tmp /var/tmp /var/log /var/log/Xorg.0*).

Mouse was not detected when starting X (native) as root, but I try to create a surrogate mouse with xkbset (mousekeys part). I will need to build icewm13 from pkgsrc to get a better idea than I can get with twm.

Please don't mix multiple unrelated issues into the same message.

--apb (Alan Barrett)